Velocity WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!

Go down 
+2
Lottic
Getatme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Getatme

Getatme

Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! Empty
PostSubject: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 pm

OK. First I would like to start off that I am a Ret Paladin fairing well in wrath content, doing a fine amount of dps, keeping up with many of the top dps'ers in my raids. Ret Paladin is fairly gear intensive. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ker&n=Holyblud
This is my armory link, it has the maximum damage spec you need.

0/6/65

my preferred spec

5/5 points of divine strength of course (always socket strength, NOT AP) 15% more strength from strength sockets

5/5 Benediction, less mana cost on all your offensive abilities keeping your dps up and time spent white hitting/cyclying judgement to a minimum

2/2 imp Judgements, lower cooldown means faster usage

3/3 Heart of the Crusader, Raid wide 3% crit (including yourself)

5/5 Conviction, 5% crit to all attacks/spells

1/1 Seal of Command, Sometimes you can't always use Seal of Blood (Loatheb, Gluth during decimate)

2/2 Vindiction, keep note, you still need to kill trash mobs

3/3 Two-hand wep spec, more damage

3/3 Sanctified Seals, 3% crit to all attacks/spells

3/3 Crusade, 3% increased damage, 3% extra damage versus few types of mobs

1/1 Sanctified Retribution, Raid wide 2% damage increase

3/3 Vengeance, 9% increased damage stack seems nice right?

2/2 Imp Ret Aura, for aoe pulls(always pull aggro for some reason =( ), and assists tank with threat

2/2 Art of War, 10% more damage from your 3 main attacks

1/1 Repentance, need the cc

3/3 Judgements of the Wise, mana return

5/5 Fanaticism, 25% increased crit chance for judgment, 30% less aggro

2/2 Sanctified Wrath, +50% crit strike chance for hammer of wrath, reduce cd on avenging wrath by 1 min

3/3 Swift Retribution, 3% raid wide haste

1/1 Crusader Strike, self explanatory

3/3 Sheath of Light, you get 30% of ap, as sp, which increases damage for most of your other abilities

5/5 Righteous Vengeance, 40% of damage when judge or divine storm crits over time (Blizzards sad attempt at giving us a bleed to steady our dps)

1/1 Divine Storm, self explanatory

Rest of your points can go into anything, look at my armory (above) for what i did.

Ok, now for the basic Raiding Strategy

Your best friends include:
any class that will buff your sp/ap, spell crit/melee crit, stats, mp5, and all that fun

Consumables:
Flask of Endless Rage
Dalaran Clam Chowder or Great Feast (if someone drops one)
Adamantite Weightstones/Sharpening Stones
Scroll of Strength VII (IF you don't have a Shaman dropping Strength of Earth or a DK using Horn of Winter)

Itemization:
Hit Cap, 296, comes along in gear
Exp Cap, roughly 185, get a little bit in gear
Strength, 15% more from talents, never,ever, get ap over strength, EJ says Str is better to stack over anything
Crit, Caps at about 55% but is hard to hit
Haste, Using Seal of Blood makes it a raw dps increase
Armor Penetration, If its tagging along in your gear, sure why not, but don't gem for it

DPS cycles:
I normally start with putting my seal up and judging wisdom (puts me back to 100%), next is crusader strike, divine storm, consecrate, (continue with exorcism and avenging wrath if the mob is undead), and repeat according to what attacks come back first. Priority lies along the lines of Judgement, Hammer of Wrath(if the mob is below 20%), Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Consecrate

Seal of Blood:
The reason I choose Seal of Blood over Seal of Command, is the simple fact that, if you notice on your tooltips, Seal of Blood actually says it does more damage. Seal of Blood damage is increased with haste (already increased with swift retribution). Seal of Blood does damage to you, therefore makes you require healing, therefore gives you mana back from spiritual attunement.

Enchants:
Berserking is the truest top dps enchant for 2-hand weapons because of its 33% uptime, 400 ap up 33% of the time, compared to 110 ap up, 100% of the time, making the 400 ap to balance out to about 133ap, I do not have it because I didn't feel the need for 23 ap for an extra 500g in mats, especially since I will probably replace my weapon soon.

Sockets:
Always socket Str.

Glyphs (Seal of Blood):

Major Glyphs
Glyph of Judgement
Glyph of Seal of Blood or Glyph of Crusader Strike, not 100% sure on which will save you more mana
Glyph of Consecration

Minor Glyphs
Glyph of Sense Undead
Glyph of Blessing of Might
Glyph of Lay on Hands

Thank you for reading my rendition of Paladin DPS, if you have any comments or corrections please let me know so I can assess the problems accordingly (Sorry if I my spelling is bad, felt a little lazy)
Back to top Go down
Lottic

Lottic

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Nice Copy Paste.
+Repped.
Back to top Go down
HawtButHoly

HawtButHoly

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:41 am

Copy pasted from a different server or retail...Sad..
Back to top Go down
Weegee

Weegee

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:54 am

HawtButHoly wrote:
Copy pasted from a different server or retail...Sad..

Might be helpful. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://velocity-wow.tk/
HawtButHoly

HawtButHoly

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:38 am

It's a bad guide.
Back to top Go down
Lottic

Lottic

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:51 pm

No he made this, i was in vent with him, AND its a starter guide for those new to the class. Sup fresh sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Getatme

Getatme

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:03 pm

HawtButHoly wrote:
It's a bad guide.

Wanna scrap?
Back to top Go down
kuni

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 pm

so pretty much all you need to do is mash crusader strike, judgements, stun whenever you want because you will probably kill them anyways, oh and spam divine storm.

there we go
Back to top Go down
Krazie

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:42 am

There is way more skill involved in Retribution Paladin's (As every other class), but this just seem's to be for those people who want to try it out.

Try going with a 11/5/55 for PvP (I use this spec on my Paladin and I run through people)
http://kr.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Azshara&cn=%EC%84%B9%EC%8B%9C%EC%BD%94%EB%A7%8C%EB%8F%84%EC%99%95&group=2

By the way, this spec is from the World's #1 Retribution Paladin (SexyCommando from Korea), I didn't find this build out myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!   Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ret Paladin Guide by Getatme!
Page 1 of 1